Baby Give Back’s mission is to collect and rehome baby essentials for families in need on the Gold Coast and surrounding areas, in partnership with support agencies and social workers. We liaise directly with caseworkers and rely on them to assess need and collect material items on behalf of their clients. Everything we do is driven by our belief that every baby deserves an equal start.
To make the collection process easy, safe and efficient for us and our volunteers, we have some guidelines for you to follow.
- When you contact us for the first time, we will ask you to register with our service, the link to the online form will be sent to you the first time you contact the Social Service team or can be found here.
- Please refer to the list of what we do and do not rehome on our website (What we can and cannot accept), so that you are familiar with what we have to offer.
- All requests must be made in writing via our online request form we ask that you complete one order form per family, the order form ensures that you are made aware of all the material aid that is available to you, please be as specific as possible so we are able to assist in the best way we can. Here is a link to the REQUEST FORM.
- It is very helpful if you can tell us the due or birth date of the child and gender if known so that we can prioritise requests.
- Each request has an individual reference number, please quote this number if you are emailing with an enquiry.
- If you need to make alterations to an order please email us and we can update the form. Similarly, if your client no longer requires the items please let us know.
- To avoid duplication of orders, please let us know if any other agency or service is supporting your family, and please tell us the parent’s name
- Once your request is received, one of our team will be in touch by email. They will let you know what we have to fill your request now and if there are items you will have to wait for.
- The collection point, date and time will be confirmed by email. Please do not bring your clients with you or send your clients to collect items.
- If you are sending a colleague in your place, please provide us with your colleague’s full name, email address and mobile phone number.
- Please ensure all communication with our team, and their personal contact details, are kept private and confidential. You must not pass on our details to your client.
- When you arrive at our collection point, please show your identification.
- Please do not ask us to make deliveries directly to your clients as this is not possible.
- Our organisation has a strong social media presence which allows us to network effectively in the community to source essential material aid in a timely manner. You may be asked to pose for a photograph, and tell us something about your work, your family or your day as a case study. We understand that in some instances this may not be possible or you require to get permission from your organisation.
- In the rare instance that an item fails please contact us immediately via requests@ and we will repair or replace the item if possible.
- Please remember that we are all volunteers and are doing the best we can to fill requests as fully as possible and as quickly as possible. We may not always be able to completely fill a request you make.
- Please let us know if you have any feedback. We are continually striving to improve our processes.
We may amend or update this collections policy from time to time.