Baby Give Back’s mission is to collect and rehome baby essentials for families in need, in partnership with social service agencies. We work directly with caseworkers and rely on you to assess need and collect material items on behalf of your clients. Everything we do is driven by our belief that every baby deserves an equal start, a safe start to life.
To make the collection process easy, safe and efficient for us and our volunteers, we have some guidelines for you to follow.
- When you contact us for the first time, we will ask you to register with our service, the link to the online form will be sent to you the first time you contact our team or can be found on our website www.babygiveback.org. When you register with us, we will add you to our mailing list to keep updated. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- All requests must be made in writing via our online request form and we ask that you complete one order form per family. The order form ensures that you are made aware of all the material aid that is available to you, please be as specific as possible so we are able to assist in the best way we can.
- It is very helpful if you can tell us the due or birth date of the child and gender if known so that we can prioritise requests and provide you with the appropriate items.
- If you need to make alterations to an order please email us (including the request number) and we can update the form. Similarly, if your client no longer requires the items please let us know.
- To avoid duplication of orders, please let us know if any other agency or service is supporting your family, and please tell us the parent’s name
- Once your request is received, one of our team will be in touch by email. They will let you know what we have to fill your request now and if there are items you will have to wait for.
- Orders must be collected from our either our Gold Coast warehouse at 10/15 John Duncan Court, Varsity Lakes or our Brisbane warehouse at 2/97 Jijaws Street, Sumner. The collection date and time will be confirmed by email. Please do not bring your clients with you or send your clients to collect items.
- If you are sending a colleague in your place, please provide us with your colleague’s full name, email address and mobile phone number.
- Please ensure all communication with our team, and their personal contact details, are kept private and confidential. You must not pass on our details to your client.
- When you arrive at our warehouse, please show your identification.
- Please do not ask us to make deliveries directly to your clients as this is not possible.
- Our organisation has a strong social media presence which allows us to network effectively in the community to source essential material aid in a timely manner. You may be asked to pose for a photograph, and tell us something about your work, your family or your day as a case study. We understand that in some instances this may not be possible or you require to get permission from your organisation.
- If the items provided are not given to the family they were requested for, please ensure you advise us or return them to us as soon as possible. We supply customised orders per family. It is not suitable to give those items to someone else.
- In the rare instance that an item fails please contact us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will repair or replace the item if possible.
- Please remember that we are all volunteers and are doing the best we can to fill requests as fully as possible and as quickly as possible. We may not always be able to completely fill a request you make.
- Please let us know if you have any feedback. We are continually striving to improve our processes.
We may amend or update this collections policy from time to time. We will advise you in writing if we do so.
*Collection Policy updated as at October 2021